May 1 2020
#REININGERCARES: Help Give Back to BMAC
Since COVID-19 hit, and the statewide ordinance of closing mandatory businesses hundreds of people across the state (and the country for that matter) have been furloughed or completely let go of their positions. Every day, more and more people are needing assistance to pay their rent, to keep the electricity going and to put food on their tables.
As a business in the Walla Walla Community for 23 years, and having familial roots for the last 5 generations in Walla Walla and Umatilla Counties, we wanted to give back to those in our community. To this end, we are donating 10% of the proceeds from sales of our Walla Walla Valley sourced 2017 REININGER BDX red blend during the months of April and May to the Blue Mountain Action Council (BMAC) Covid-19 Relief Fund.
Join our BDX virtual tasting May 12 via zoom!
For club members and mailing list subscribers alike, we invite you to take part in a virtual tasting hosted by winemaker Chuck Reininger. If you want to taste along with Chuck, you can pre-order the 2017 REININGER BDX. Or, just join in the conversation to listen and learn. To receive a link to the zoom call, join our wine club or mailing list and look for our emails.
Here in Walla Walla, we are lucky to have BMAC. They has been keeping busy the last week, working around the clock with the crews to:
- Outfit kids aged 12-24 in the youth homeless program with food and other essentials they need to survive and to connect to services.
- Distribute just under 100,000 meals in the last month from the BMAC Food Bank
- Provide 3.5 days worth of food assistance to 5% of Walla Walla County’s population, and 10% of Columbia County residents
- Pay energy bills and rent
- House veterans
- Provide legal aid
- Deliver sanitary & cleaning kits to the 152 housing units that serve seniors, people with disabilities and low-income families
- Install wifi at their senior housing property so people can keep connected to their families from homes rather than using the property’s common area to keep them safe
Want to learn more about BMAC?
Last winter, BMAC put together a wonderful video about their efforts in the Walla Walla Community, particularly focusing around the BMAC Food Bank.